Landscaping, Excavating, And Low Impact Development (LID) In Kanata
Do you need the services of an experienced landscaping team to renovate or install your existing landscaping? Are you interested in low impact development solutions for your property? There are many different landscaping companies to choose from that serve the Kanata area but we think you’ll be really happy that you’ve found our website.
Why Do You Need A Professional Landscaper In Kanata?
- Do you want to renovate your landscape but have no idea how it should be designed?
- Are you building a new construction project and want to install a new landscape?
- Do you have excavating work that needs to be done such as grading or drainage installation?
- Do you want to compliment your outdoor lifestyle with a beautiful new patio?
Alan’s Landscaping and Heather’s Gardens or (ALHG for short) is a family owned and operated landscaping design and construction company serving Kanata, ON.
The talented team at ALHG has extensive landscape construction experience complimented with our own in-housed design services. Alan specializes in outdoor and landscape construction while Heather’s specialty is landscape and garden design. Together, we make a great team and we take great pride in transforming our clients properties into the envy of their neighbourhood.
Landscaping Services We Offer In Kanata
We offer a wide variety of landscaping services for both residential and commercial clients and for properties of all shapes and sizes. It doesn’t matter if you’d like to renovate your existing landscape, install a new landscape for your new construction project, build a new patio, paver driveway, or even an amazing new outdoor cooking area. ALHG can help you transform your property into a more beautiful and enjoyable space for you and your family.
- Front or backyard landscape renovations
- Landscape and hardscape installations
- Cedar decks and cedar fencing installations
- New lawn installations (seed or sod)
- Garden bed design and installation
- Drought tolerant or xeriscaping
- Commercial landscape installations
Excavating Services We Offer In Kanata
If you need to have some excavation or dirt work completed on your property we’ve got the equipment and the experience to complete most small to medium sized residential and commercial excavating projects. Whether you need your lawn area graded level and with proper slope for drainage, a new driveway installed, a culvert replaced, or a new foundation or concrete slab for a shop, garage, or other out-building we’ll be able to help.
We have experience tackling a wide variety of projects including
- Lot clearing
- Site grading
- Site Prep
- Tree and stump removal
- Driveway construction
- Gravel driveway repair
- Driveway culvert replacement
- Excavation for foundations or additions
- Auger holes for fence posts and deck footings
- Shop or garage foundations
- Utility trenches (water, sewer, gas, hydro, or electricity)
- Seedbed preparation for seeding, hydroseeding or sod (soil conditioner or ‘harley rake’)
- Excavation for foundation repair or waterproofing
- Limited access excavation
- Excavation for well and septic repairs
- Concrete and Asphalt removal
- General demolition
- Ditch clean outs
We are also a provincially licensed septic installer, and while this is not a primary service we offer, we are very well versed in working around septic systems without damaging them.
Low Impact Development Or LID Services In Kanata
We specialize in low impact development or LID and environmentally friendly solutions for water runoff and stormwater management.
What is low impact development? Low impact development (LID) is a modern stormwater management strategy that seeks to mitigate the impacts of increased water runoff and stormwater pollution by implementing strategies to manage water runoff as close to its source as possible. LID comprises a set of site design strategies that minimize runoff and distributed, small scale structural practices that mimic natural or pre-development hydrology (waters movement in relation to the land) through the processes of infiltration, evapotranspiration, harvesting, filtration and detention of stormwater. These practices can effectively remove nutrients, pathogens, and metals from runoff, and they reduce the volume and intensity of stormwater flows.
LID Services Include:
- Rainwater harvesting systems
- Green roofs
- Downspout disconnection
- Soakaways, infiltration trenches, and chambers
- Bioretention (to help treat runoff)
- Vegetated Filter Strips
- Permeable Pavement
- Dry swales and grass swales
- Perforated pipe systems
If you are considering LID for your residential or commercial property we’d be happy to provide you with an on-site consultation so we can discuss the LID strategy that would be most applicable for your property.
No Pressure, No Obligation Consultations
If you are interested in our services and serious about moving forward with a potential project we’re happy to come to your location, view your property, and discuss your specific landscaping , excavating or (LID) needs. We will listen to you, answer any questions you have, make any helpful or relevant suggestions, and then come up with a competitive proposal and price to do the work for you.
We want to make sure that you’ve decided to hire us it’s because we’ve impressed you with our knowledge, our expertise, our fair pricing, and you trust us to do the job right the first time.
If you’d like to schedule your consultation with us to discuss your landscaping needs please call (343) 262-4769 or fill out our online form and we’ll get right back to you.